CHAPELLE DE L’HÔPITAL SAINTE-MADELEINE
Registered and listed sites
The chapel was founded in February 1400 by Nicolas Febvre, chaplain of the hospital, so that the sick could access the services. In 1679, Bishop de Barillon had the hospital in Luçon recognized by Louis XIV. During the Revolution, the chapel was closed and the bells were removed.
Worship was again authorized in 1804. Restoration work was undertaken in 1866. Built out of cut stone, it is a vast rectangular vessel illuminated on the street side by two large windows with a broken profile and an inner courtyard bay; it ends with a flat chevet pierced by a triplet that testifies to an intervention in the 19th century.
- Types : historic site and monument
Comfort / services
Open all year round