CHÂTEAU DE BESSAY
Registered and listed sites
Classified as a historical monument in 1928, the Bessay castle is now a private property open to the public. It was built on an old feudal clod, and has two Renaissance towers, linked by the main building that dates back to the 18th century.
Its history is linked to the Bessay family, a big and powerful family that stayed the owners of the place until 1988.
The originality of the Renaissance tower lies on its medieval inspiration and its defensive caracter: covered way, machicolation and loopholes.
The parc, with its century-old trees has on of the biggest dovecotes in the region with 3200 pigeon holes. It is classified historical monument since 1990.
- Groups accepted ( minimum : 15 - maximum : 100 )
- Types : historic site and monument
- Temporary exhibitions
- Information board languages : French
- Length of visit : 1h15 (on average)
- Length of visit : 1h30 (on average)
Comfort / services
- Picnic area
- Projection room
- Wifi access
Means of payment
- Cheques and postal orders
Open all year round