During the Middle Age, the village of île-d'Elle was part of the Marans parish. In 1655, l'Île d'Elle became a parish thanks to the bishop of La Rochelle and the chapel of the old priory of Saint-Hilaire became an official parish church.
It was completely rebuilt in 1847 and 1852 in a neoclassical style devoted to the bishop of Luçon. Struck by lightening, the bell tower was rebuilt in 1871 according to plans from the yonnais architect, Victor Clair. The arches in the church are made out of wood.
- Types : historic site and monument
Comfort / services
Open all year round