HÔTEL DE VILLE
Registered and listed sites
In 1833, Pierre-Hyacinthe won a case against his mother Marie-Thérèse Baranger concerning the inheritance of his father, who had died in 1825. When his mother died in 1837, he became sole legatee of La Paumerie. Very attached to Luçon, he bequeathed all his property to the town subject to certain conditions, including the conversion of his house into a Town Hall after the demolition of the old one (located on Place Leclerc). Shortly after his death on 25 February 1872, the Town inherited the Dumaine house and commissioned architect Léon Ballereau to carry out the conversion work.
It is not known when the Paumerie was built. On the 1704 plan of Luçon and the 1816 cadastral map, it has the same configuration, but notarised deeds show that work was carried out between 1780 and 1789.
Interior decorations can be dated to the 1830s and attributed to Pierre-Hyacinthe, including panelling decorated with stucco. The work carried out after the bequest is known thanks to the municipal archives and the deliberations of the Town Council.
- Types : historic site and monument
Comfort / services
Prices / opening times
Open all year round