ÉGLISE SAINT NICOLAS
During its creation, the priory in Grues depended in the Saint-Michel-en-l'Herm Abbey. Gautier de Bruges, Bishop in Poitiers, mentionned it in a text from before 1306. The old church dates back to the 8th and 9th century was burned down by the Hughenots January 7th 1569.
It was rebuilt in 1777. An inventory of the furniture was done in 1794. Starting 1802, renovations were down and in 1869, after visiting the church, he declared that the church could stand for itself. It became holy January 30th 1881.
- Types : historic site and monument