CHAPELLE DES URSULINES
Registered and listed sites
Arriving from Niort in 1631, the Ursulines bought their property in 1636 and built a chapel there. In Luçon, the role of the Ursulines was mainly focused on the education of young girls. The current layout of the chapel was completed at the end of the 17th century, under the episcopate of Bishop de Barillon, bishop attached to art and architecture. The panelled ceiling is covered with a vast painted decoration featuring instruments of the Passion of Christ, numerous floral patterns and numerous musical instruments. Three altarpieces are to be observed.
- Groups accepted
- Types : historic site and monument
Open all year round