CHAPELLE SAINTE THÉRÈSE
Among the artistic treasures hidden in the city of Luçon are Louis Mazetier's stained glass windows, retracing the life of Sainte Thérèse, in this small chapel dedicated to her, rue Millesouris. The 12 stained glass windows were made in 1925 by Louis Mazetier (born in Saint-Michel-en-l'Herm in 1888 and died in Charente in 1952), during the renovation of the chapel. The design of these stained glass windows is remarkable due to the high contrast between those on the east side, which are almost monochrome, and those on the west side, which benefit from bright and warm colours. These contrasts highlight the life of Sainte Thérèse before and after her entry into the carmel.
This chapel is one of the first, dedicated to the Norman saint.
- Types : historic site and monument
Open all year round