CHAPELLE DU CARMEL
The Carmel of Luçon, founded in 1847 by the Carmel of Nantes, has never left its original place.
Classic and simple monastic construction made of local stones, built between 1847 and 1858.
Restored in 1996-1997, it offers a space for simple and beautiful meditation, ideal for liturgy and silent prayer.
Noteworthy in the nave are the bas-reliefs made of refractory clay fired in the oven at 1100°, done by Claude Gruer (1997)
About twenty nuns of very different ages lived there in the Carmelite and Theresian tradition. A shop offers various products, the fruit of the work of religious from various regions and from the carmel of Luçon.
A few rooms and a small oratory allow the reception of retreatants.
- Types : historic site and monument
Comfort / services
Open all year round